ROCKFORD (WREX) — With temperatures rising, a local fire department is opening its doors as a cooling center.
The Blackhawk Fire Protection District says they’ll be using their training room as a cooling center starting on Thursday.
The training room will be open to the community from at 8 a.m.-8 p.m. starting Thursday and ending on Monday. Anyone with questions may call the Blackhawk Fire Station at 815-962-1584.
This will be just one of many cooling centers open throughout the next few days. Here’s a full list:
- The Carpenter’s Place – 1149 Railroad Ave., Rockford, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Rockford Rescue Mission Sites
- Men’s Crisis Center – 715 W. State St., Rockford, 7 a.m.- 7 p.m., seven days a week
- Women’s Crisis Center – 715 W. State St., Rockford, 7 a.m.- 7 p.m., seven days a week
- Village of Machesney Park – 300 Roosevelt Rd., Machesney Park, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Pecatonica Village Hall – 405 Main St., Pecatonica, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m -4:30 p.m.
- Belvidere Interstate 90 Oasis – 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Salvation Army – 422 S. Main St., Belvidere, Monday-Friday 9 a.m.- 11:45 a.m. & 1 p.m.- 4p.m.
- Westview Community Building – 1435 Westview Rd., Freeport
- Arthur Monroe Center – 714 E. Orin St., Freeport
- Freeport Public Library – 100 E. Douglas St., Freeport, 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Illinois Department of Human Services – 1631 Galena Ave., Freeport
- Illinois Department of Human Services – 1828 S. West Ave., Freeport
- Salvation Army – 106 W. Exchange St., Freeport, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Stephenson County Farm Bureau – 210 W. Spring St., Freeport