UPDATE: BELOIT (WREX) — The suspect who had been in a stand-off with police since 1 a.m. is now in custody.
Alexander Duke, 32, of Rockford, was wanted on three separate warrants in Rock and Winnebago counties.
Police say they received a tip just before 1 a.m. that Duke was in the Beloit area.
Authorities say Duke entered an apartment in the 2200 block of Burton St., which a woman who he had formally had a domestic relationship with lived at. Police say the victim, a 29-year-old woman, is OK.
Duke had three warrants, including kidnapping, first-degree reckless endangering safety and sexual assault.
Police say the suspect left the apartment peacefully about 10:45 a.m. and the victim was not hurt. Officers were on scene since 1 a.m.
UPDATE: BELOIT (WREX) — The Beloit Police Department says the suspect inside of an apartment complex is from Rockford and might have a kidnapping victim inside.
Police told 13 News the suspect is a 32-year-old man from Rockford with multiple warrants out in both Rockford and Beloit.
Officers on scene say the warrants in Beloit are for kidnapping and recklessly endangering safety. The Rockford warrant is for sexual assault. All of the warrants stem from an incident that happened on March 28 of this year.
Authorities say they were made aware of the suspect who made his way into an apartment complex on Burton St. around 12:50 Wednesday morning. Police also say they believe a 29-year-old kidnapping victim is inside with the suspect, but they can’t confirm that.
Police believe the suspect and the victim were once in a domestic relationship.
Beloit Police have called in other departments for reinforcements and say there is no danger to the public, but they’re still being asked to avoid the area.
We will continue to provide updates as this story develops.
BELOIT (WREX) — The Beloit Police Department is currently involved in what they’re calling a ‘tactical situation.’
The City of Beloit sent out a release asking for people to avoid the area of the 2200 block of Burton St. in Beloit.
Details on the ongoing tactical situation are unknown at this time.
13 News has a crew headed to the scene and will provide an update as soon as they become available.