ROCKFORD (WREX) — A Rockford organization known for major makeovers in the community is taking on a new project. Sharefest announced Tuesday it will lead the charge to renovate Davis Park.
“We’re going to spend 5 days down here investing in this park which is the gathering place for our community,” Sharefest Director Creig Day said.
Sharefest volunteers will work at Davis Park from Tuesday, June 11 to Saturday, June 15.
The project at Davis Park includes:
- Prep, prime and repaint fencing, light poles, electrical bollards, and gazebo
- Remove overgrown vegetation and install new perennials, bushes and trees
- Add gateway/entrance features
- Trim and prune existing trees
- Prep, prime and repaint the first floor exterior of the Founder’s Landing building
- Upgrade and modernize signage within the park
- Add ambient lighting in trees
- Add posts for doggie trash bags and a new enclosures for dumpsters
Volunteers can sign up for a shift at https://rockfordsharefest.ivolunteer.com/sharefestsummer_2019
Following Sharefest, the Davis Park Taskforce and the RACVB will host a series of community events from July – September. Details on these events will be announced in June.
Sharefest was created in 2007 and does community service projects each year all over Rockford.
Sharefest will also do a service project at YMCA at its Children’s Learning Center in June.