WINNEBAGO COUNTY (WREX) – Winnebago County is getting thousands of dollars through a state grant to improve public safety.
The county was awarded $75,000 to upgrade and consolidate the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Records Management Systems (RMS). 12 law enforcement agencies in Winnebago County will be benefiting from the CAD/RMS Upgrade and Consolidation Project.
Officials say the grant will go towards replacing the 12-year-old expiring CAD systems at two 911 centers in the county as well as replace the 12-year-old RMS at both the Rockford Police Department and the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office. Officials add that it will consolidate the 12 law enforcement agencies into a single RMS platform and merge other systems such as mug shots, warrants, orders of protection, social network mapping and more. They say it will be done so officers can spend more time policing instead of searching for information.
The 12 law enforcement agencies that will benefit from the project include the:
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office
- Rockford Police Department
- Loves Park Police Department
- Cherry Valley Police Department
- Durand Police Department
- South Beloit Police Department
- Village of Winnebago Police Department
- Rockton Police Department
- Roscoe Police Department
- Pecatonica Police Department
- Rockford Park District Police
- Rock Valley College Police Department