ROCKFORD (WREX) – A group needs your help to create a plan to improve transportation in the Rockford region.
Region 1 Planning Council (R1PC) is working on the 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan, which will develop strategies that address the region’s transportation needs over the next 20 to 30 years in Boone, Winnebago and Northern Ogle counties. In order to get more feedback on different factors like current issues related to roadway conditions and where priorities should lie, the council is offering a survey to the public.
“Transportation affects us every day,” said R1PC Metropolitan Program Manager Sydney Turner. “And so it’s important to hear the public’s opinion on that because it is such an integral part of our lives.”
To take the survey, click here.
The council will also be hosting multiple workshops regarding the plan that the pubic can attend. They take place on:
- Tuesday, Jan. 22 from 4 – 6:30 p.m. at North Suburban Library in Loves Park.
- Wednesday, Jan. 23 from 4:00 – 6:30 p.m. at the Byron Public Library.
- Thursday, Jan. 24 from 3 – 6 p.m. at Regional Design Center in Rockford.
- Tuesday, Jan. 29 from 10:30 a.m – 1:30 p.m. at Rockford Mass Transit District East Side Transfer Center in Rockford.
- Wednesday, Jan. 30 from 2 – 5 p.m. at Machesney Park Village Hall.
- Thursday, Jan. 31 from 6:30 – 8 p.m. at Belvidere Family YMCA.