The Thrill Capital of the midwest has news for all roller coaster lovers. Six Flags Great America announced today that it’s adding a 17th roller coaster to it’s lineup next year.
The park revealed the new coasters name – Maxx Force during an announcement for it’s 2019 pass sales. Maxx Force will feature the fastest inversion and highest double inversion of any roller coaster in the world.
“Six Flags reigns supreme for record-breaking, one-of-a-kind rides and world-class thrills. The new Maxx Force coaster is in a class all by itself, launching riders from 0 to 78 miles per hour in under two seconds. No other coaster in the country accelerates at that blistering speed.”
said Six Flags Great America Park President Hank Salemi.
Some of the features of the new Maxx Force coaster include:
- A unique air-powered launching system propelling guests forward at record speeds;
- The world’s highest double inversion at 175 feet above the ground;
- The fastest inversion on any roller coaster in the world with a 60 miles-per-hour zero-G roll;
- Five high-speed inversions; and
- One-of-a-kind custom coaster trains modeled after Formula One racing cars
Maxx Force is scheduled to debut in summer 2019 in the Carousel Plaza area of the park.