ROCKFORD (WREX) — If you have a child who is 12 years old or older, they'll have more chances to get the coronavirus vaccine soon.
The Winnebago County Health Department (WCHD) is bringing the COVID-19 vaccine to locations throughout the county in partnership with the Rockford Mass Transit District.
Pop-up and mobile clinics will provide an opportunity for those ages 12 and older to get the COVID-19 vaccine at local events or neighborhood locations.
RMTD and WCHD will be bringing a mobile COVID-19 vaccine clinic (vaccine bus) throughout the community.
The VaxUp815 bus was revealed on Thursday. Look for the orange, green, and blue bus at the first destination vaccination location on Friday, June 11 at the City Market. No appointment needed. Just walk up, register, and get your vaccine. The vaccine bus schedule can be viewed at www.WCHD.org/bus
Mobile COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic Schedule
- Friday, June 11: City Market - 3:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Location: 116 N. Madison St., Rockford
- Saturday, June 12: Community Block Party at Soar Assembly - 12-4 p.m.
- Location: 604 Salter Ave., Rockford
- Sunday, June 13: Live at Levings - 5-8 p.m.
- Location: 1420 S. Pierpont Ave., Rockford
- Tuesday, June 15: Food Truck Tuesday - 4-9 p.m.
- Location: Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens, 1354 N. 2nd St., Rockford
Six Flags Family Packs will be given as an incentive at the Food Truck Tuesday on June 15. These four-packs of tickets to be used at Great America, Hurricane Harbor Chicago, or Hurricane Harbor will be given to the first 50 Winnebago County residents 12 to 17 years old vaccinated at that location.
Friday, June 11 is the last day of vaccinations at the Sandy Hollow site.
Register on the WCHD website for an appointment at New Zion Baptist Community Church (4747 W. Riverside Boulevard, Rockford) and other select pop-up and mobile locations.