ROCKFORD (WREX) — Nearly six months ago, the FDA approved the first COVID-19 vaccine for emergency-use authorization. A light at the end of the tunnel for millions of Americans.
To understand more about this new vaccine, many turned to less-than-reliable sources to get their questions answered.
Does the COVID-19 vaccine cause infertility? Can I get sick from the vaccine? How do I know it's safe?
On this episode of the 815 Live podcast, Dr. James Cole from SwedishAmerican joins us to set the record straight on these common questions and more:
- What does the vaccine do?
- Can I get COVID-19 from the vaccine?
- Why should I get vaccinated?
- How do I know the vaccine is safe if it's only been studied for a year?
- Does the vaccine alter fertility?
- Can it cause miscarriages?
- Does the vaccine worsen immunocompromised conditions?
- Does the vaccine contain aborted babies?
- Are there any other options to return to normal life besides the vaccine?