Skip to Content

Four people are displaced after an early morning fire in Rockford

Residential Fire Generic

ROCKFORD (WREX) — Four people are displaced after a duplex in the 3000 block of Broadway Street catches fire early Thursday morning.

According to the Rockford Fire Department, smoke and flames were coming from the building when crews arrived just after 1:30 a.m. and all four people living in the duplex escaped safely.

The cause of the fire has been deemed incendiary, anyone with information is encouraged to contact Rockford Area Crime Stoppers.

The estimated damage from the fire is $40,000 and the Red Cross is assisting those displaced; half of the building has been condemned due to the fire.

An investigation into the fire has been opened.

Maggie Polsean

Maggie Polsean is an anchor for 13 News Today. Born and raised in Rockford, she is excited to be back home working for the station she grew up watching. Maggie is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee and Christian Life high school in Rockford.

Skip to content