ROCKFORD (WREX) — Rockford Police say they responded to multiple shootings over a three stretch recently.
From Thursday, April 28-Saturday, May 1, police responded to a total of six different shootings.
Here's a look at information provided by police on the shootings:
- The first shooting happened in the 600 block of 5th St. on Thursday afternoon. Police say a 21-year-old man was shot in the leg and in the back. He was taken to the hospital where with non-life threatening injuries.
Witnesses told police a white SUV was driving on 5th St. when it stopped and someone in the back of the car got out and shot the victim. The suspect was wearing a white ski mask Chicago Bulls sweatshirt and a purple hat.
- The second shooting happened Friday afternoon near the intersection of 7th Avenue and 18th Street. A 21-year-old woman suffered a non-life threatening gunshot wound to the back of her head. The victim told police she was sitting in a vehicle when someone shot at the vehicle, hitting the woman. There is no suspect information at this time.
- The third shooting happened around 5:20 p.m. Friday in the area of 2nd Ave. and 8th St. A 21-year-old man told police he was standing on the side of the road when a maroon colored Sedan drove past and fired shots. The victim was shot in the wrist and suffered non-life threatening injuries, according to police.
- The fourth shooting also happened Friday, around 6:50 p.m. in the area of Kishwaukee and Harrison. A 28-year-old woman says she was the passenger in a vehicle when a gold colored Sedan with dark, tinted windows pulled up next to the vehicle. The victim told police she "heard a loud boom" before realizing she was shot in the abdomen. She is being treated for non-life threatening injuries at the hospital.
- The fifth shooting also happened Friday night, this time around 7:40 p.m. in the 1800 block of Sherman. Police say it was a domestic dispute between two adults which resulted in a 41-year-old man being shot in the hand. The suspect, later identified as Consuello Grace, left the scene but was later found and arrested. Grace is charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and reckless discharge of a weapon.
- The sixth shooting in the three day stretch happened on Saturday, May 1, around 6:15 p.m. in the 4800 block of Creekview Road. Police initially said the shooting the shooting happened in the 4700 block of East Lawn Dr., but later updated the address.
When officers arrived on scene, they found a 23-year-old man suffering from a non-life threatening gunshot wound to his back. A short time later, police say a 19-year-old man was found at the hospital with a gunshot wound to his face. His injuries are not considered to be life-threatening.
Both men told police that an argument with the suspect led to him firing his weapon, hitting both victims. The suspect was driving a green SUV, according to police.
If you have any additional information on any of these shootings, you're being asked to contact the Rockford Police Department at 815-966-2900 or Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
Note: This article previously said the victim in the 4th shooting had been released. Police provided another update and saying the victim is still in the hospital. We've updated our article accordingly.