ROCKFORD (WREX) — The number of people in the hospital because of COVID-19 has decreased.
On Friday, the three Rockford hospitals, Mercyhealth, OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony Medical Center and SwedishAmerican, announced they're currently providing in-patient care for 62 patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 and persons suspected of being COVID-19 positive.
That's a decrease from 69 people the hospitals reported on Thursday.
The same trend is being seen across the region.
According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, there were 114 people in the hospital in Region 1 because of COVID-19 on April 29. That's a drop from 119 that was reported on April 28.
The region has seen a spring surge of COVID-19 hospitalizations. On March 31, there were 72 COVID-19 hospitalizations, according to IDPH.
Within the 30 days, the region had as many as 126 people in the hospital because of the virus.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- Click here for the latest information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Need to get tested? Here's a list of mobile testing sites provided by the state.
- Looking for more information on the COVID-19 vaccine? Click here.
- You can get the latest coverage from 13 WREX here.