ROCKFORD (WREX) - In an effort to get more Rockford residents on board about getting vaccinated, the Winnebago County Health Department is kicking off a new campaign called "Vax up 815."
According to health officials, the campaign will share people's experiences with the vaccine with the hopes of educating others who are on the fence about getting the shot.
The urgency to get vaccinated is now, according to public health administrator Dr. Sandra Martell.
"We've seen an increase in cases and the positivity rate continues to rise. Now is the time. Don't wait to vaccinate," says Dr. Martell.
Rockford Mass Transit District added two bus routes to the new vaccine site on West Riverside that began today in hopes to increase access to the vaccine.
Residents can register for the COVID-19 vaccine at the following locations on Friday's from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m.
April 9- Washington Park Community Center
April 16-Providence Missionary Baptist Church
April 23-Beyer Early Childhood Center
April 30-Orton Keyes Community Building
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- Click here for the latest information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Need to get tested? Here's a list of mobile testing sites provided by the state.
- Looking for more information on the COVID-19 vaccine? Click here.
- You can get the latest coverage from 13 WREX here.