CHICAGO (AP) -- Vice President Kamala Harris is urging Chicago union members to share their experience receiving a COVID-19 vaccine and act as "role models" for family and friends who may be reluctant even as Illinois prepares to open access to all adults.
Harris on Tuesday visited a vaccination site in Chicago that opened last week for union workers.
Chicago officials also hope the dedicated site will improve vaccination rates among Black and Latinx city residents.
Earlier Tuesday, Illinois health authorities reported 2,931 confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 and 13 additional deaths.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- Click here for the latest information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Need to get tested? Here's a list of mobile testing sites provided by the state.
- Looking for more information on the COVID-19 vaccine? Click here.
- You can get the latest coverage from 13 WREX here.