SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WREX) — Region 1's seven-day rolling positivity rate for the coronavirus is trending the wrong direction.
According to the Illinois Department of Public Health's website, the region's seven-day rolling positivity rate is up to 6.1%. That's the highest it's been in Region 1 since Jan. 21, when the positivity rate was 6.2%.
The number of hospitalizations in Region 1 is also increasing while the number of ICU beds available is decreasing.
There's currently 77 people in the hospital in Region 1 while there's only 21% of ICU beds available, just 1% higher than the state's threshold of 20%.
Region 1 has currently gone 113 straight days with at least 20% of ICU beds available, according to the IDPH website.
State health officials announced 2,102 new confirmed and probable cases of the virus, along with 11 more deaths on Monday.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,258,736 cases and 21,384 deaths across the state since the pandemic started.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- Click here for the latest information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Need to get tested? Here's a list of mobile testing sites provided by the state.
- Looking for more information on the COVID-19 vaccine? Click here.
- You can get the latest coverage from 13 WREX here.