SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WREX) — The state has given out more than 6 million doses of the coronavirus vaccine.
The Illinois Department of Public Health says a total of 6,043,292 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 368,124 for long-term care facilities. 124,870 doses were reported administered in Illinois on Thursday, according to IDPH.
State health officials also reported 3,235 new confirmed and probable cases of the virus along with 24 new deaths.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,251,346 cases and 21,349 deaths since the pandemic started.
As of last night, 1,445 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 314 patients were in the ICU and 129 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- Click here for the latest information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Need to get tested? Here's a list of mobile testing sites provided by the state.
- Looking for more information on the COVID-19 vaccine? Click here.
- You can get the latest coverage from 13 WREX here.