ROCKFORD (WREX) — The Rockford Mass Transit District will begin providing fixed route and paratransit service to the second Winnebago County Health Department vaccination site at New Zion Missionary Baptist Church.
Bus service will be offered Wednesday-Saturday starting April 7 from 9:20 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
New Zion Missionary Baptist Church can be accessed by both the #3 Huffman and the #6 Kilburn routes.
These routes will deviate to New Zion Baptist Church immediately after the stop at the West Riverside Walmart. For exact times, riders should check out the RMTD web site rmtd.org.
This location is also within ¾ miles of the RMTD service area so paratransit riders will also be able to schedule rides to this facility as well as Medicaid riders who have an 8-digit plus approval number from First Transit or Medicaid voucher from their MCO (Managed Care Organization).
RMTD also provides fixed route and paratransit service to the Sandy Hollow vaccination location in the old K-Mart facility, 1321 Sandy Hollow Road. Service to this location is provided on the #45 Kishwaukee/7th Street route.
Maps and schedules for this service are located under the COVID service link: https://rmtd.org/rmtds-response-to-covid-19-virus/
RMTD wants to remind all passengers that it continues to adhere to its strict health and safety standards including the following:
- Masks are required for everyone both on our vehicles and on our property and facilities
- Vehicle capacity continues to be restricted to a maximum of 14 on any given vehicle to maintain social distancing.
- All passengers must be seated.
- Passengers are to board using the rear doors on all fixed routes unless mobility assistance is needed
- Fares are still being waived on all service including paratransit service.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- Click here for the latest information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Need to get tested? Here's a list of mobile testing sites provided by the state.
- Looking for more information on the COVID-19 vaccine? Click here.
- You can get the latest coverage from 13 WREX here.