ROCKFORD (WREX) — The number of people being treated in the hospital for the coronavirus continues to drop in Rockford.
On Thursday, the Winnebago County Health Department reports the three Rockford hospitals—Mercyhealth, OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony Medical Center and SwedishAmerican—are currently providing in-patient care for 20 patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 and persons suspected of being COVID-19 positive.
On Monday, the hospitals were treating 34 patients for the coronavirus, according to the health department.
In Region 1, there's currently 61 people in the hospital due to COVID-19, according to the Illinois Department of Public Health.
As of last night, 1,463 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19, according to IDPH. Of those, 334 patients were in the ICU and 168 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
IDPH also reported 1,884 new confirmed and probable cases of the on Thursday, including 32 additional deaths.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,181,226 cases and 20,406 deaths since the pandemic started.
A total of 2,440,950 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 295,909 for long-term care facilities.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- Click here for the latest information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Need to get tested? Here's a list of mobile testing sites provided by the state.
- Looking for more information on the COVID-19 vaccine? Click here.
- You can get the latest coverage from 13 WREX here.