SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WREX) — A man in his 20s from Winnebago County has died from the coronavirus, according to Illinois health officials.
On Tuesday, the Illinois Department of Public Health released its latest coronavirus data for the state.
IDPH reported 1,665 new confirmed and probable cases of the virus along with 27 more deaths. One of those deaths was a Winnebago County man in his 20s, according to IDPH.
13 WREX has reached out to the Winnebago County Health Department for more information on the death, but the health department says they can't provide more information due to patient confidentiality.
Of the 27 new deaths reported on Tuesday, the man from Winnebago County was the only death reported from Region 1.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,177,320 cases, including 20,330 deaths across the state.
As of last night, 1,488 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 361 patients were in the ICU and 172 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
A total of 2,254,982 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 291,269 for long-term care facilities.
Yesterday, 43,282 doses were administered in Illinois.
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from February 16–22, 2021 is 3.0%.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- Click here for the latest information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Need to get tested? Here's a list of mobile testing sites provided by the state.
- Looking for more information on the COVID-19 vaccine? Click here.
- You can get the latest coverage from 13 WREX here.