ROCKFORD (WREX) — Mercyhealth has loosened its visitor guidelines today as the number of coronavirus cases and hospitalizations continue on a downward trend.
The loosened restrictions applies to both hospitals and clinics.
Here's a look at what changes:
Hospitals: Non-COVID Patient Visitors (upon approval)
- One visitor per day:
- Adult inpatients
- Adult outpatients undergoing surgery/procedure
- Emergency Department
- Women in labor and/or recovering – women in labor may also have one doula, midwife or birthing coach (certification required)
- Exceptions maybe made during special circumstances, including end of life
- Two visitors per day:
- Pediatric and NICU patients
- COVID Patient Visitors
Visitor restrictions remain in place. Arrangements after approval from the care team will be made individually for each patient.
- One visitor may accompany patient.
Mercyhealth returns to its visiting hour schedule, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., 7 days per week.
All visitors must:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Screen negative at our facility entrance for fever and be asymptomatic of flu-like and other respiratory-related symptoms. If you are experiencing fever or other symptoms, please do not enter the hospital or clinic as a visitor.
- Wear a mask at all times, and maintain social distancing.
- Wash hands when entering and leaving rooms.
- Leave directly after visiting the patient room.
Mercyhealth will continue to modify guidelines as circumstances continue to change.