ROCKFORD (WREX) — Rockford's largest school district is reporting positive COVID-19 cases at five more schools.
The school district sent letter out to parents regarding the newest cases on Monday.
Here's a look at the five schools now reporting cases as of 3:45 p.m. Monday:
- Roosevelt Education Center
- Beyer Early Childcare Center
- Lathrop Elementary School
- Brookview Elementary School
- Kennedy Middle School
This brings the total number of schools reporting at least one COVID-19 case in the school district up to 14.
- Summerdale Childcare Center
- Lewis Lemon Elementary School
- Maria Montessori Elementary School
- Cherry Valley Elementary School
- Carlson Elementary School
- Rolling Green Elementary School
- Lincoln Middle School
- Jefferson High School
- Guilford High School
Students started class again Sept. 8, with the first day of in-person learning on Sept. 10.
RPS 205 said it has contacted students, staff or families who might have recently been exposed to the virus. Those who have been exposed to an individual with the virus must quarantine for 14 days.
Those who have tested positive for COVID-19 must isolate for 14 days and will not be able to return to school until guidance from the Winnebago County Health Department.