ROCKFORD (WREX) - The 13 WREX team was honored recently by the Illinois Broadcasters Association with 18 Silver Dome Awards, including 7 first-place honors.
The awards were announced in a virtual ceremony on Friday, Sept. 11.
13 WREX competes in the Medium Market TV competition, which includes stations in six different television markets across the state of Illinois.
Here is a full list of honors received by the 13 WREX team:
- Best TV Spot News Coverage – Deputy Jacob Keltner Killed in the Line of Duty (WREX Staff)
- Best TV Investigative Report – The Unprecedented Fight for a Baby’s Ashes (Kristin Crowley)
- Best TV Reporter – Kristin Crowley
- Best Local Program, Series or Documentary – Rockford in Color (Kyle Yonkers, Robert Burke)
- Best TV Photojournalist – Rockford in Color (Kyle Yonkers, Robert Burke)
- Best TV Station Self-Promotion – Alex Visits a Honey Farm (Kurtis Lawler, Alex Kirchner)
- Best TV Single Commercial – Greenfire (Robert Burke)
- Best TV Newscast – Historic Flooding Hits Rockford Region (WREX Staff)
- Best TV Investigative Report – Justice for Bobby (Kristin Crowley)
- Best TV Hard News Story – Rockford’s Pothole Pitfall (Kristin Crowley, Kurtis Lawler)
- Best TV Sports Story – Changing the Game: NIU Breaks Down the Color Barrier (Mary Sugden, Andy Carrigan, Kurtis Lawler)
- Best Use of Non-Broadcast Media: An Open Letter to Illinois Drivers (Josh Morgan, Robert Burke, Audrey Moon)
- Best TV Weathercaster – Alex Kirchner
- Best TV Station Self Promotion – Epic Winter Weather (Kyle Yonkers, Robert Burke)
- Best TV Use of Graphic Design – Members Alliance Credit Union (Robert Burke)
- Best TV Spot News Coverage – The Tragic Loss of Trooper Brooke Jones-Story (WREX Staff)
- Best TV Hard News Story – Timberlane Mobile Park Condemned (Mary Sugden, Kurtis Lawler)
- Best Local Program, Series or Documentary – Lives on the Line (WREX Staff)