ROCKFORD (WREX) — Winnebago County announces a rise in domestic violence in the area with multiple arrests.
During a press conference Thursday, Winnebago County State's Attorney Marilyn Hite-Ross announced seven suspects facing multiple charges.
The following people are being charged:
- Jordan Zobal, 26 - Attempted First Degree Murder, Aggravated Domestic Battery
- James Drago, 50 - Attempted First Degree Murder, Aggravated Domestic Battery, Domestic Battery
- James Ulery, 42 - Aggravated Domestic Battery, Domestic Battery
- Marcos Diaz Rodriguez, 28 - Aggravated Domestic Batter, Domestic Battery
- Von Johnson Sr., 49 - Aggravated Domestic Battery, Aggravated Battery, Domestic Battery
- Fernando Pineda, 29 - Aggravated Domestic Battery, Criminal Damage to Property, Domestic Battery
- Marissa Cathina, 33 - Aggravated Domestic Battery, Aggravated Assault, Domestic Battery
According to Hite-Ross, the State's Attorney's Office has charged 21 aggravated domestic battery cases involving strangulation in the last 30 days.
Hite-Ross adds there are more than 650 pending felony domestic violence cases and more than 640 pending misdemeanor domestic violence cases.
"Domestic violence permeates every socioeconomic status, every ethnicity and every type of gender. It does not respect boundaries and can happen to anyone," Hite-Ross said.
Hite-Ross encourages survivors to come forward to help stop domestic violence.