KENOSHA, Wis. (WKOW) — The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is seeking seven “persons of interest” after businesses and vehicles were set ablaze between Sunday, Aug. 23 and Tuesday, Aug. 25 in Kenosha.
The ATF is working with local officials in Kenosha with their arson investigations.
More than 20 businesses and approximately 12 government-owned vehicles were set ablaze between Aug. 24 and 25 in Kenosha, according to an ATF news release.
Members of the specialized ATF National Response Team arrived in Kenosha last week at the request of local authorities to assist in the investigation of many of the fires set during the recent civil unrest in the Kenosha downtown area.
In addition to the persons of interest in the arsons described above, the following arsons are also under investigation. Please submit any information you may have regarding the following addresses:
- Mangia’s Italian Restaurant, 5717 Sheridan Road
- Kenosha Public Library, 711 59th Place
- Mattress Shop, 6224 22nd Avenue
- Affordable Auto, 1118 60th Street
- County Credit Union, 925 59th Street
- Charlie’s 10th Hole, 3805 22nd Avenue
- Boost Mobile, 2208 Roosevelt Road
- Car Source, 5821 Sheridan Road
- Something Different, 5716 6th Avenue
- DeBerge’s Framing & Gallery, 2008 63rd Street
- Citgo Gas Station, 3806 30th Street
- Treasure’s Within, 1016 60th Street
- Dinosaur Discovery Museum, 5608 10th Avenue
- Lend Nation, 6304 22nd Avenue
If you have information about any of these incidents, please contact Kenosha Police Department at (262) 605-5203 or Kenosha CrimeStoppers at (262) 656-7333, or 1-888-ATF-FIRE. Additionally, you may also email information to ATFTips@atf.gov.