Skip to Content

Rockford Fire respond to residential fire early Wednesday

ROCKFORD (WREX) — No one was hurt in a fire that sparked early Wednesday morning in Rockford.

Rockford Fire responded to a fire at the 4200 Block of Ashwinton Way shortly before 3:30 a.m.

Officials say the fire was started accidentally by a resident in a second story bedroom but all residents got out safely.

The house sustained significant damage and no longer has power.

Rockford Fire says the cost of damage is $25,000.

Cassandra Bretl

Multimedia Journalist
Cassandra is the morning reporter for 13 News Today.
She joined the WREX team in July of 2019 after graduating from the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee with a major, minor and a certificate.
She is excited to bring her skills back to the 815 where she is originally from.
You can contact Cassandra at cbretl@wrex.com

Skip to content