LEE COUNTY (WREX) — A Lee County man faces several drug and domestic violence charges.
Allen Nelson, 55, of Harmon, Illinois, was taken into custody after authorities executed a search warrant at his home U.S Route 30 on Monday.
Authorities did not specify what was recovered during the search, but Nelson was charged with several things, including:
- Aggravated Possession of Methamphetamine with Intent to Deliver, Class 1 Felony
- Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine with Intent to Deliver, Class 2 Felony
- Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine (< 5 grams), Class 3 Felony
- Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance, Class 4 Felony
- Unlawful Intent to Deliver Cannabis (30-500 grams), Class 3 Felony
- Possession of Firearm Ammunition w/o Requisite Firearm Owners Identification Card, Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of Firearm w/o Requisite Firearm Owners Identification Card, Class A Misdemeanor
- Unlawful Possession of Firearm with Defaced Identification Marks, Class 3 Felony
Police say they were called to the same address on Sunday, Jan. 12 for reports of a domestic battery.
Authorities investigated the incident and charged Nelson with domestic battery, unlawful restraint, aggravated battery and aggravated domestic battery.
He is being held in the Lee County Jail.